“Functional training” has become the trend from the trend to the mass phenomenon in recent years and is also referred to as the training of the future. This form of training is based on everyday movements, in which the different muscle parts play simultaneously. Accordingly, to training exercises to be functional, not isolated to individual muscles or muscle groups aligned like traditional strength training.
The focus is on the complex, natural movements. The body is to be strengthened as a whole and at the same time made stable and resilient.
What brings functional training?
Functional training makes the own body to exercise equipment and is integrated effects that are: optimization of performance in terms of strength, endurance, coordination and agility. Through regular training, the whole exercise apparatus is strengthened, which is reflected in the daily life. Beautiful muscles are available for free! Functional training is therefore aimed at stabilizing the body, making muscles and joints fit for training, everyday life and competition. Functional training is ideal for the broad-based athlete – regardless of fitness level and age.
Even the operators of conventional fitness studios have realized that they can no longer satisfy their customers with classic dumbbells and training devices. The functional training is now also possible in the own four walls and on journeys. The best: no dumbbells are needed, only a few accessories are available, which are user-friendly and safe to use. On aerobis.com for example, one can discover the wide range of different functional training equipment. Each device has individual focus, but can also be used individually for a holistic training. So you do not have to go through 10 or more individual stations like in the gym. Through a wide range of different weights and designs, everyone can put together their individual training accessories and as soon as the selection is made, it can also start.
Exercises for functional training
The functional training program consists mainly of exercises in which the trainer works with his / her own body weight as a resistance. Through an external stimulus, the athlete is placed in an unstable equilibrium situation, in which he must stabilize.
The focus is on the trunk muscles, which is very important for the stability of the entire movement apparatus. In particular the abdominal muscles, the abductors in the hip and the stabilizers of the shoulder are trained. In order to strengthen the core permanently, many exercises are held on both legs. There are, however, also variations in which one is lying on the ground or in the reclining position.
The most famous Functional training fitness equipment
- The Sling Trainer is the all-rounder for the training of coordination and strength. It is only trained with the body weight and the exercise selection is quite large. Both the upper body and the lower body can be trained. The exercise intensity can be changed infinitely by altering the set-up angle. The device is therefore suitable for beginners and professionals alike.
Exercises with the Sling-Trainer:
– Rowing in inclined slope (arms, shoulders, back)
– pushups (chest, shoulders, torso, arms)
– Butterfly Reverse having offset arms (shoulders, upper back, neck)
– Recrunch (abdomen, legs)
– squat (legs, buttocks ) ”
- The Sandbag is an extremely versatile workout device and offers one of the most effective ways to build muscle, reduce fat and train your body. As the name suggests, it is trained with a more or less heavy sandsack. In contrast to conventional weights like dumbbells, the movement with a sandbag is much more unstable, because the sand in the sandbag constantly moves. The weight is therefore not rigid and the muscles are compelled to steer constantly at almost every exercise. BlackPack sandbags can also be filled with an (optional) AQUA Loading Bag. This makes the sandbag to the aquabag and the unstable training becomes even more intense because the water moves even more.
Basic exercises with the sandbag:
– Shouldering (almost all muscles are used to build trunk strength)
– Power Clean & Press (for training the midsection, abdominal and upper body muscles)
– Around the world (functional Full Exercise)
– Plank with outside pull (trunk and shoulder girdle muscles)
– Rotational lung (Torso stability, abdominal and back muscles)
- Battle Ropes are Fitnesstaue that are swinging in different ways, so that they come in waves to the anchor point. Through the swing techniques, the strength endurance is trained. The exercises enormously benefit the arm and shoulder muscles, but also the trunk and legs are trained. The Battle Ropes are available in various lengths and diameters. For training you need about half the length of the rope as a training surface. Decisive is the diameter of the rope, because it has direct influence on the difficulty of the exercises. The thicker the rope, the greater the effort.
Basic exercises with Battle Ropes:
– Jumping Jack (legs, arms, shoulder)
– Eight (Rampf muscles)
– reciprocal wave (arms, shoulders)
– Russian Twist (abdomen, arms)
- The elastic resistance bands , also known as Power bands are perfect for training of strength and agility. The principle is very simple: the further the rubber bands are stretched, the greater the resistance, because they strive back to their starting resistance. They make each exercise more effective and varied. With the aid of the resistance bands, all body parts can be trained, in particular the legs, the abdomen and the buttocks.
Basic Exercises with Resistance Bands:
– Glute Bridge (buttocks, stomach, legs)
– Front Squats (belly, legs)
– Flutter Kicks (abdomen, legs)
– push-ups (chest, shoulder torso muscles)
Endless rope trainer
- Low weight, easy to use and easy to use. With the endless rope trainer can pulling, pushing and rotating movements train, demanding the entire upper body. Training is done with a 4m long endless rope with selectable resistance. The rope trainer not only demands the back muscles, but also the shoulders, arms and grip.
Basic exercises with the endless rope trainer:
Whether facing the device or facing, standing, sitting or supporting – this training device offers countless exercises.