Drexel University LeBow College of Business is among the 132 graduate business programs that provide Doctoral degree in Business Administration. As one of the top rated higher education institute located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the Drexel University offers PhD Program – Business or Economics through LeBow College of Business. This page details GMAT requirements, types of degree offered, concentrations, and financial costs of Drexel University LeBow College of Business PhD Program – Business or Economics. See JIBIN123.COM for graduate schools in Maryland.
PhD Program – Business or Economics (More than 2 years)
|Program Name||PhD Program – Business or Economics|
|Program Overview||Ph.D. in Business There are five specializations in the program: Accounting, Decision Sciences, Finance, Marketing and Organization & Strategy. The Program is characterized by a healthy respect for the interrelations among the different …|
|Areas of Study||
|Joint Degree Offered||No|
|GMAT Score||GMAT Accepted|
|Tuition & Fees|
|Financial Aid Availability||Financial aid available, contact school for more information|
|Start Dates &
This program accepts rolling admissions.
|Program Size||Class Size: ≈4 – 15|
|Work Experience||Average Range: 1 – 4 Years|
Business Process Design
Every organization, whether it provides a tangible manufactured good or an intangible service (or some combination of the two) must manage a variety of processes. These processes transform inputs (such as raw materials, parts, human capital) to provide outputs (a tangible good or service) which are valued by customers. Organizations that effectively design these processes to minimize wasted time, motion and materials develop an advantage over their rivals. Most organizations have numerous processes, some of which are primary components of the chain of production, some of which are secondary functions, which play a supporting role. The true power of an effective process design is to eliminate functions that do not directly add value or directly support the organization’s products/services. This course examines the key methods used to analyze, develop and improve transformation processes in both the manufacturing and service sectors. The objective is to develop an understanding of trade-offs and limitations involved in process design as well as to develop an understanding of many of the basic tools used to analyze and improve processes.
In addition to the development of an understanding of how to conceptually improve a business process, the student will learn a powerful modeling technique, Process Model. Process Model is one of the hot items in the marketplace for assisting in the analysis and improvement of business processes. Approximately one-half of the classroom time will be devoted to the learning and use of Process Model.
- How to re-engineer a process
- How to develop a process map
- How to make a process map come alive by simulating entities (flow units) through the various steps
- Terminology relating to looking at processes: cycle time, average flow rates, scheduled availability, theoretical capacity, etc.
- How to use Process Model, a computer language, to simulate and improve processes
- How to better understand process variability and it’s impact of process goodness
- How queuing problems can be solved using simulation
- How simulation can be used to perform “algebra” on probability distributions
- How to “fit” raw data to probability distributions. These probability distributions can/will used in simulation models
- How to simulate a McDonalds restaurant; this a capstone project to help the student understand the real-world issues of modeling a process